Candle how to
In our candle how to section we will show you some great hints and tips on getting the best from your candle, how to care for them properly and the best way to enjoy their luxurious fragrances.
Candle how to – Helpful tips to get the most from your candle
- Before lighting, ensure that the wick is trimmed to approximately 4mm
- For maximum fragrance, do not burn multiple candles with different scents. You will not get the fragrance throw that is intended from the candle
- Wax has its own memory. Therefore, you should have your candle lit for 2 hours but no longer than 4 hours on your first burn. The melted wax pool should reach near to the edges of the glass. If a candle is extinguished before a full pool is created, your candle will not achieve an effective scent. The candle will only burn when re-lit to the size of burn pool when first extinguished.
- Always clean your wick before lighting. This ensures a clean burn every time and that no black deposits are left in the wax leaving your beautiful candle messy
- Always ensure your candle is placed free from draughts. This will speed up the rate of your candle burning and may cause the wick to tilt. This makes your candle burn unevenly.